Nuffnang

Sunday, November 13, 2011

ITS NOW OR NEVER...

If we want to make an impact or to make everybody notice about chess...guess this is the time. Success in SEA games means it will be reported on the sport’s column of all major newspapers, followed up with coupled TV interviews, and many nights of Malam Anugerah or maybe a plot of land to players etc. No, Datukships is not possible i guess.

Anyway, bottom line is, success in Palembang means no more only the lonely reporting in some miscellaneous column or entertainment column etc that only chess players read. It means now everybody notice chess, chess players and local chess success stories.

Since SEA Games is like once every two years and even that there is no guarantee chess will be included in it on the next edition. So i guess...it is now or never for Malaysian chess!

Aptly worded (with some minor changes) by Bon Jovi in this song titled ‘It’s my life’



This ain't a sport for the broken hearted
No silent prayer for the faith departed
And I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud...

It's SEA games
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive

(It's SEA games)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"
I just wanna live while I'm alive
'Cause it's my game

This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Jimmy and friends who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder, make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky, gotta make your own breaks

It's SEA Games
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive

(It's SEA Games)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"
I just wanna live while I'm alive
'Cause it's my life

You better stand tall
When they're calling you out
Don't bend, don't break
Guys, don't back down

It's SEA Games
It's now or never
'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive..(repeat)

To Malaysian Chess players who are currently competing at SEA Games, All the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment