Malaysian woman team, according to board order (and their performance) is as below:
- Seto Wai Ling 6/12 P=1909
- Ong Y.M. 2.5/8 P=1797
- Ong Hwa Liu 3/9 P=1779
- Vimalavathy 6.5/10 P=2014
Vimalathy continued to shine in her second Olympiad outing.
Top 5 Olympiad winners and our neighbour performance is as below:
- Soviet Union (Chiburdanidze, Akhmilovskaya, Gaprindashvili, Alexandria)
- Hungary (Zsuzsa, Madl, Ivanka, Grosch)
- Romania (Muresan, Nutu, Polihroniade, Stanciu-Olarasu)
- China (Shilan, Mingqian, Yangfeng, Tianjian)
- Yugoslavia (Markovic, Maric, Maksimovic, Nikolin)
25. Indonesia (Lindri, Tamin Darmayanti, Upi tamin, Wijaya Nanik)
30 The Philippines (Fontanilla, Geneciran, Lee, Llantada)
Let's take a look at below miniature game by best performer Malaysian player.
I like her 11.g4 move (which my engine also recommend), creating a very violent attack out of calm water.
Next stop, 1988 Thessaloniki Olympiad (men)